Injuries happen daily and every person will suffer some sort of injury during their lifetime. Most injuries are minor and can be blamed on a variety of causes, but some can be caused by the actions (or lack of action) of others. If it can be proven that someone’s negligence caused your personal injury, you may be able to receive financial compensation for your damages.
Unfortunately, an accident may only be the beginning of your problems. With a serious injury, you may be looking at a lifetime of pain and continuous medical treatment. You may be permanently disabled and unable to work again in your chosen profession, or at all. Current and future medical bills and loss of wages or income can put a great strain on you and your family. The mental anguish from your injuries can cause your quality of life to greatly diminish as well. While you may think that insurance companies will be ease your financial suffering, they are often trying to pay claimants as little as possible. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will fight for what you deserve from the insurance company, taking your claim to court if an appropriate settlement cannot be reached.
At Martin Cukjati & Tom, LLP, we handle all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Auto Accidents: Most Texans rely on cars to get around, so our state is no stranger to serious car accidents. We know how to investigate each situation and get the injured party the maximum amount they deserve. Even if you are partially at fault, you may still be able to recover financially under Texas law.
- Trucking Accidents: 18-wheelers and other large vehicles crisscross our state every day. Given the size of these vehicles compared to others on the road, if you are involved in an accident with one, chances are you are going to suffer some serious injuries. At Martin Cukjati & Tom, LLP, we know that there are many reasons a trucking accident can occur. We will fully investigate the crash and the companies involved to see who should be held liable for your damages.
- Jobsite Accidents: We have many dangerous jobs in Texas, particularly in the energy sector and construction industry. As such, there are a number of severe workplace accidents every day. No matter how many safety policies and procedures a company employs, mistakes and accidents can still happen. We will review each injury to determine who can be held liable and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Product Defects: We have seen injuries caused by the use of all kinds of consumer products. Companies often know about a product defect but still put it on the market, as they are more concerned with profits than safety. We fight to make sure not only that you get the payment you deserve, but also to hold companies accountable and make sure no one has to suffer like you did.
- Premises Liability: When an accident happens somewhere besides your home, it may have been caused by the negligence of the property owner. Things like poorly maintained floors, rain/snow/ice not being cleaned up, faulty handrails, and lack of signage and safety measures for construction projects are just a few items that could be the cause of a serious injury. If it can be proven that a property owner knew or should have known of the faulty conditions and did nothing to correct them, we can build a strong case for you to recover financially.
- Medical Malpractice: Although doctors are charged to do no harm, serious mistakes can happen that may cause more pain than the original ailment. We have helped clients who have suffered at the hands of the medical establishment recover large settlements and verdicts. Hospitals and insurance companies are looking to pay as little as possible – and, in some cases Texas law mandates damages caps. We know how medical providers and their insurers operate and how to thwart their tricks to help you succeed.
- Wrongful Death: The worst outcome in an injury is when a loved one dies. Besides the emotional toll of this sudden occurrence, your financial picture may be drastically altered by the loss of income or support from the deceased, as well as any medical bills and funeral expenses. We can help you navigate this difficult time and hold the responsible party or parties accountable.
San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
We can evaluate any personal injury situation. Our team of lawyers is ready to help and knows how to attack each case. We understand that no matter the situation, a serious injury can be a life altering experience. We partner with you to take the legal burden off your shoulders so you can focus on healing. If you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, contact Martin Cukjati & Tom, LLP today at 210-223-2627.