Jacob D. Cukjati ASSOCIATE
Jacob Cukjati has been an attorney with Martin Cukjati & Tom, LLP since 2019. He is licensed to practice in all state courts in Texas and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. He served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Thomas J. Motley, Superior Court of the District of Columbia and The Honorable Gary E. Bair, Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland.
He graduated from Trinity University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management with a Minor in Spanish in 2014. During college, Jacob played Division III Men’s Basketball, winning Conference for two consecutive years. He earned his law degree from University of Houston Law Center in 2017. During law school, he served as a Student Attorney in the Civil Clinic.
Jacob grew up around the practice of law, watching his father help people his whole life. His family creed is to never leave anyone behind; as such, to Jacob, it is important to be authentic and honest at all times, to believe in your client, and to maintain positive and amicable relationships with everyone you interact with professionally. He believes phone calls can resolve a lot of things – and that often just picking up the phone to call opposing counsel, a court coordinator, or a client are part of his obligation as a counselor and practitioner of the law.
Jacob was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. He is the oldest of eight siblings. Growing up, Jacob was a dedicated altar boy and athlete. He attended Antonian College Preparatory where he graduated with honors, led his team to the State Final Four his senior year, and was chosen for the 5A District Team, 5A All-State Academic Team, and 5A All-State Second Team.
Jacob is a member of the State Bar of Texas, San Antonio Bar Association, San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association. He was recently selected for inclusion among the 2021 Rising Star Lawyers by Scene in S.A. Magazine.
In his spare time, Jacob enjoys staying active by lifting weights, boxing and hot yoga. He also enjoys outdoor recreation including hiking and fishing.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2017
- Civil Clinic Student Attorney
- Trinity University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management with a Minor in Spanish, 2014
- Division III Men’s Basketball, winning Conference for two consecutive years
Bar and Court Admissions
- Texas, 2017
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- 2021 Rising Star Lawyers, Scene in S.A. Magazine
- Co-authored: “Break Through Protective Orders,” TRIAL, American Association for Justice, (Oct. 2018).
- Young Catholic Professionals